Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gorgeous blog owners

I often look at other blogs....those of other feltmakers and fibre artists, and wonder how I could emulate them. I seem to be working all the time now, and that does not leave a whole lot of time for Feltmaking.

I did, however, attend a meeting of a local Feltmaking Group that I belong to in the South West, and upon seeing all the lovely felt made by these people, I have resolved to do more myself. It is the weather for it, and with the Autumn and the coming Winter, it makes me feel as though I am more enthusiastic about it all. I have lots of ideas brimming and swimming around in my overloaded brain, that I do not know where to start. Perhaps I should get down to tin tacks and write down a plan of action. Then I could go ahead and manage the time well and not procrastinate.

I have several wall hangings felted and ready for me to do the machine embroidery on them. Perhaps that is where I should start. But, I love the making of the felt more than the machine work. Finishing a piece has never been a stong point of mine, so perhaps I should turn over a new leaf, and just get them done.

In the meantime, I have a project in mind. A pair of nice warm boots for each my brother and my very good close friend, who has also requested a pair. That means two pairs so I will have to source some stronger wool for the projects, as all I have is mainly Merino.

Well, off to do some designing........................

Cheers
Jaruleeli

1 comment:

HOPS said...

Good to hear from you, You seem to be busy, shame works gets in the wrk of creating. One day may be I will get to AUstralia.